Thursday, March 27, 2014

412 LZD Threatened by Aggressive Driver

March 27, 2014 - 6:29 PM
The male driver of this silver car honked at me as we were approaching a red light on a single lane, one-way street. I had just been passed by a different vehicle, and was in the same position in the road. After the first honk I made sure to take primary so as not to allow the impatient driver to pass me without enough room and knock me over. When I stopped at the red light, he honked multiple times. It was at this point that I was stopped that I turned and made eye contact with him.
The light was still red, and I turned my bicycle perpendicular to the road to keep him from turning right while I was getting my camera out. He popped open his door and said something along the lines of, "Get out of the road." I simply told him that I was taking his picture and that he would be reported to the police. He reversed his car a short distance, and was then able to get past to my right. At this point, I was attempting to capture a picture of his face, but all I got was this picture of him driving past me with his door still open.
He entered the intersection without stopping at the red light, then made a right turn around the bus you see into the second lane, forcing other traffic to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment